4 Questions to Ask Lip Fillers Specialist
At Illume Aesthetics, we specialize in lip enhancements with dermal fillers. Call us for more information or schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located at 993 Siskiyou Blvd #1, Ashland, OR 97520.
Table of Contents:
What should I expect from my lip filler consultation?
What should I do to get ready for a consultation with my lip filler specialist?
What should I avoid before lip injections?
What shouldn’t you do after lip fillers?
When you look in the mirror, do you find yourself wishing you had fuller, plumper lips? Are you looking for a smoother, more youthful appearance? If you answered yes to either of these questions, there’s a good chance you’ve considered lip fillers as an aesthetic treatment that will not require surgery.
Despite the safety and popularity of lip fillers, it’s important to be selective when choosing who will complete your lip filler treatment. Here are four questions to ask your lip filler specialist to make sure you have all the information you need to make a decision that’s right for you.
Many people have their lip filler consultation on the same day as their first treatment. The consultation will usually involve an introduction with your lip filler specialist and a discussion around your medical history and what you’re hoping to achieve from the treatment. They will likely discuss different types of lip filler and the pros and cons of each, and there could be a physical examination to determine if this is the right treatment for you. While there are very few conditions that would cause the specialist to recommend against lip fillers, these injections can cause flare ups if you suffer from cold sores and could irritate some other conditions. This will all be discussed with your lip filler professional.
Lip filler appointments are relatively quick and easy, but there are some things to think about in advance to get you ready for the discussions you will have with your lip filler specialist and the treatment that will follow.
• The first is to think about your goals, or what you’re hoping to get out of the treatment. You are likely having lip fillers done because you are looking for a certain change in appearance, and the amount of filler you receive will impact that result. Make sure you know the look that you’re going for so you can communicate that with the person who will be treating you.
• Do your research so you know what to expect from the treatment and recovery. While no injection is comfortable, lip filler injections are designed to minimize pain and provide a quick recovery. There may be some slight bruising and bleeding from the treatment, so make sure you’re prepared to avoid disappointment.
• Speak to your lip filler specialist about any medications you take or conditions you have that may impact the treatment.
Arrive at your treatment with a clean, make-up-free face.
Eat and drink before the treatment.
While lip injections are usually quick and easy, there are a few things you should avoid immediately prior to your treatment to minimize risk and promote the best possible result.
• One week before your filler appointment, you should avoid taking Aspirin or Ibuprofen (which includes Advil and Motrin), supplements, alcohol, and green tea. You can take Tylenol if needed.
• 48 hours before your treatment stop using anti-aging skin care products, and avoid shaving, waxing, plucking, or any other hair removal activity, including hair removal creams. Some people who are prone to bruising recommend taking Arnica or eating foods that contain bromelain (ie Pineapple) as this has been shown to reduce bruising.
It’s important to take proper care of your lips and surrounding areas after your lip filler treatment. Avoid rubbing, touching, or massaging your lips for four hours after treatment. Take a break from arduous exercise for 24 hours, and do not take any blood thinners or consume alcohol for 1-2 days after treatment. On the day of your treatment, avoid extreme heat, meaning steer clear of hot tubs, hot yoga classes, tanning beds, or spa facials.
Are you looking for more information about lip fillers or other non-surgical cosmetic options? We have the answers! Contact the team at Illume Aesthetics in Ashland OR to set up a consultation today. Call us for more information or request a consultation online! We are located at 993 Siskiyou Blvd #1, Ashland, OR 97520 and serve clients from Ashland and the surrounding areas of Medford OR, Talent OR, Central Point OR, Eagle Point OR, and Grants Pass OR.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ IPL Photofacial
▸ Skin Resurfacing
▸ Skin Tightening & Body Contouring
▸ Laser Hair Removal
▸ Microneedling-Collagen Induction Therapy
▸ Medical Grade Peel Treatment
▸ Lunch Time Peel With Micro
▸ Microdermabrasion Treatment
▸ Illuminate Facial
▸ P-SHOT (Priapus Injection)
▸ Vampire Facelift
▸ Botox and Fillers
▸ Cosmetic Injectables & Fillers
▸ Full Body Contouring
▸ Microcurrent Facial
▸ Dysport Injections